Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Freedom in Christ

My faith has changed a lot in the past couple of years. With my very conservative background the world and the people immersed in it used to almost scare me. Today God has given me a newfound desire to love and interact with all those not-yet-Christians in my life. I also want desperately to get out of my naive Christian bubble and get to love many more of them. I am not content simply ministering to those in the church and in my ministry. In fact I tend to grow tired of the monotony of it all. I feel free to love and care for those around me who once just bothered me. And many who now bother me do so because they are just sitting on their duffs and content with their safe, Christian, Suburban bubbles. God has really been changing me to be more like Him. The God who ate with tax collectors and sinners and truly loved them. To me this is a new understanding of freedom in Christ. I can be free to dance with the Spirit, to be “in tune” with the God song going on all around me and not be hindered by my naive Christian surroundings.

By clicking on Freedom in Christ you will be directed to a Nooma video called "Rythem" I would highly sugest purchasing and watching.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Mike,

Like the post. I have started a blog called thornsnthistles.

Den