Saturday, March 11, 2006

Revival, from an easy chair???

Can there be true revival if there is not a willingness to really change? Can revival happen when we plan for it?

I think NO, to both!

I don't see a real attitude of surrender to God's leading. We all want to see God work but it feels like there is an attitude that if God were to radically change our directions we would not be willing to go there. Our mission never changes but how that mission is accomplished constantly changes. It seems our bigger, Suburban churches are just not willing to go there. We spend time in prayer asking God for wisdom but already have a plan. We are so concerned with us and are so comfortable that we can't even think radically. I am sick of it! In myself! In those around me!

Lord help us all change and be ok with change because everything changes even when we don't see it over the edge of the easy chair!

No comments: