Saturday, July 01, 2006

Stringy Love

As the church we tend to give love, but only love with strings attached. We don't normally just LOVE. We will feed the homeless if they sit through a gospel message. Why can't feeding them BE the gospel and then when THEY ask share the rest of the story. We will reach out to our neighbors, but with an ulterior motive. I don't think that is love at all. At least not Christ like love! He loved because he IS love and nothing more. I often wonder if I am even capable of love like that. Can I truly love my neighbor without wanting something in return? Only through the Spirit working in me. I am, at my core, selfish in my flesh. Only as I become more and more the new creature God created can I come close to loving as He loves. At the very least I am a bit closer to that kind of love now because I am aware of my inadequacy. I want desperately to love those around me without strings. With out treating people as projects to be won for Christ. Just loving them becaus I am filled with God's love and find them lovely.

Just Love.

Love

1 comment:

John Lynch said...

Hey homey. I've been thinking a lot lately about LOVE & TRUTH. In their purest form, as they flow from the Godhead, they seem to never be seperate. Love without truth is "stringy" (I like that word). Truth without love is no truth at all since it's separated from the Relatinship that defines truth. LOVE & TRUTH... together. Just thoughts to add in the mix.

Life & peace!